Tonight, the tile people told us they would finish our kitchen, so that means our kitchen would be off limits for 24 hours. My husband and I decided to whip up a quick dinner at 4pm before they started!
Tonight we used Blue Apron It’s a meal delivery service. They send you all the ingredients to make the meals. All you do is, log in select your three meals (or 4 depending on the plan you choose), pay and wait for it to be delivered (5 days later). We don’t do blue Apron every week, but at least once a month.
Anyways, here’s the recipe:
10oz of Thinly sliced beef
2 Pocketless Pitas
1 clove garlic
2 oz Argula
1 Tbsp Beef spice blend
1 oz Deflet Noor Dates
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Labneh Cheese (smelt like yogurt to me)
1. Prepare the ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Wash and dry the fresh produce
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic; using the flat side of your knife, smash until it resembles a paste (or use a zester)
- Roughly chop the dates
2. Make the garlic labneh
- In a bowl, combine the Labneh l, 1 teaspoon of water, and as much of the garlic paste as you’d like. Drizzle with olive oil and stir to combine; season with salt n peppa
3. Cook the beef
- Using your hands, separate the sliced beef and pat dry with paper towels transfer to a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and the spice blend; toss to coat.
- In a large pan (nonstick, if you have one. I highly suggest getting one!!), heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium high until hot.
- Add the season beef in a single, even layer and cook, without stirring 2 to 3 minutes, or until brown on the first side. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds to one minute, or until browned and just cooked through.
- Add half the vinegar. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to one minute, or until well combined. Turn off the heat.
4. Warm the pitas:
- While the beef cooks, place the pitas on a sheet pan. Warm in the oven 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through and pliable.
- Remove from the oven; carefully transferred to a clean, dry work surface.
5. Assemble the pita sandwiches:
- Divide the garlic Labneh between the warm pitas. Top with the cooked beef and a drizzle of olive oil.
6. Make the salad and plate your dish.
- To make the dressing, and a bowl, whisk together the remaining vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil until well combined; season with salt and peppa.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Argula and Dates; season with salt n peppa. Add enough for the dressing to coat the salad (you may have extra dressing- if you’re like me, there is never too much dressing hahah) toss to mix. Season with salt n peppa to taste.
- Divide the pita sandwiches and salad between 2 dishes. Enjoy!!!
My husband and I loved this meal!!
Let me know how you like it!!!