16 Week Bump-date
Officially 4 months prego, and I’m literally amazed at how fast time has flown by. I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks and 5 days, so I’ve seriously know for like ever. Well, I’m back with another bump-date to share what’s going this week,. I’m going to try and stay consistent with this and post every 2 weeks, because like I mentioned before I really want to cherish this pregnancy and really remember it all.
Gender: GIRL!! Confirmed via ultrasound last Saturday. To read how we found out the gender at 12 weeks CLICK HERE.
Weight/weight gain: I don’t know! I haven’t stepped on a scale in like a week. And if you were to see the way I was eating for the last week, I wouldn’t be surprised if I gained 5 pounds lol.
Baby is the size of an: Avocado. Which is ironic because that’s what I’ve been craving and eating for the last 2 weeks.
Maternity clothes: Nope!
Stretch Marks: None at all.
Cravings: Avocado. Avocado on my toast. Avocado with lemon pepper. Avocado with salt. Avocado with my rice n beans. Guac and chips. Just give me all the avocados!
Sleep: I’ve still been sleeping realy good. Every morning I wake up extremely early to pee, but I never have any problem going back to sleep.
Movement: Nothing yet. I just found out I have an anterior placenta, so I probably won’t feel much for awhile.
How am I feeling: I feel good now. I just get extremely bloated as soon as I eat anything. It’s annoying.
Still breastfeeding Joel: Yep. But he’s been taking more bottles of regular milk lately.
My survival items for the week:
- Loose and flowy dresses: I’m loving this (gifted) dress from River and Sky. Right now I’m in the awkward stage of pregnancy where I don’t look “pregnant”, but I also don’t look not pregnant. I just look extremely bloated. So really it’s not cute. Lol. Wearing flowy dresses makes me confident again, and I don’t have to worry about people staring at my “baby bump”.
On their website, you’ll find so many other dress which are loose and flowy which is perfect for hiding that baby bump, whether you’re 2 weeks pregnant or 30 (depending on how fast/slow you show). And if you’re not pregnant, no worries, all their dresses are perfect for you because they’re not even a maternity line lol.
Some tips for hiding a baby bump: (coming from a mama who was once 19 and pregnant and hid it from Renaldo’s mom for 17 weeks lol). Maybe your 10 weeks along and already showing but not ready to announce it, or you just don’t like the weird belly stares….here are some tips.
- Obviously, loose and flowy dresses.
- Dresses with Pockets. When you put your hands in the pocket, you control how tight it is on your belly.
- Wear black. They always say black makes you look thin, same concept for hiding a baby bump.
- Don’t wear clothes that draws a lot of attention to your midline.
- Don’t wear long droopy necklaces that sit at the top of your stomach. People will notice it doesn’t fall flat.
- Most importantly: if you don’t want people to know, don’t rub your belly lol. I loveeeee rubbing my belly, but believe me, you draw attention to it, and if you’re trying to hide it…keep your hands in your dress pocket.