DIY Reindeer Ornaments
Growing up I’ve always been a crafty person, I love DIYs and anything that involves trips to the craft store. So naturally I want to establish that same love for crafts with my boys, but they honestly don’t care. Must be a boy thing.
So for Joel’s first birthday party, I planned on having a DIY ornament station. Yeah, I completely forgot about it. So instead I packaged up all the supplies for the ornaments so my party guest can make it themselves at home with their little ones. But guess what? I even forgot to give them the cute little packages I made, so I’ll be hand delivering them now.
Here are all the steps on how to make these cute little reindeer ornaments. It’s super easy, and even the most non-Pinterest, anti-craft mama can make this!
- Clear Plastic Ornaments (they sell a 2 pack at the Dollar Tree for $1!)
- Brown paper filling (purchased in Target’s $1 section)
- Googly eyes (purchased at Dollar Tree)
- Red Pom Poms (Dollar Tree for the Win, again)
- Brown pipe cleaners (Hobby Lobby for $2 for like a 30 pack)
- Hot glue gun/liquid glue (if you don’t have a hot glue gun)
- Stuff Clear ornaments with Brown Paper filling
- Place cap back on
- Wrap Brown pipe cleaner around the opening, and use hot glue gun to keep it in place
- Cut about 1.5 inches off on each side of the brown pipe cleaners
- Twist the cut off piece around the tip of the other brown piece to make the antlers
- Glue on the googly eyes
- Glue on the red Pom Pom for the nose
- Hang the ornament, and snap a pic, and use hashtag #AsekyandtheBoysDIY so I can see your adorable ornaments
I placed all the supplies to make a DIY reindeer ornament in these little brown paper treat bags, with a little note and a clothes pin to attach the ornament and tag, and secure the bag close. These will be handed out in person, because I have mom brain and forgot to hand these out at the party 🤦🏽♀️
This would be the perfect goodie bag for any Christmas party, and for guests of all ages.
Thank you for reading, I appreciate you all so much for supporting Aseky + The Boys Blog.