How to maintain long healthy hair
A lot of people think I’m crazy for having long hair (and by long, I mean literally down to my butt) even with THREE KIDS! I think at this point, anything shorter than mid back is just not me. I’ve always had long hair, even as a kid. So over the course of the last 24 years, I’ve picked up some tricks that help maintain healthy long hair, whether I learned it myself, my mom or from my hair stylist.
- Get your hair trimmed: Just because you are Mrs. Long Hair Don’t Care doesn’t mean you can’t trim it! It’s good to get rid of those split ends. I just recently got my hair trimmed (last Sunday) and I had at least 4 inches of dead, split ends! Now my hair is bouncy again, and doesn’t look brittle at the ends.⬆️my hair after I got it trimmed by the talented Blossom Chin!
- Braid or wrap your hair before bed: this helps a lot with tangling and breakage. I noticed when my hair is braided or put into a neatly brushed (loose) bun, I have less knots, which then means less breakage when detangling! Also when you wrap your hair, it helps with the breakage that happens when your hair rubs on your pillow. If wrapping your hair isn’t your thing, get a satin pillow case. It’s much gentler on your hair than the typical cotton or polyester!
- Brush my hair daily: I had a habit of styling my hair, and it still looking good after day 2 and day 3, and by day 4 when I finally put a brush to it, there was a nest forming underneath it all 😬 so when I went to brush it, clumps of my hair was coming out. So yeah, make sure you brush your hair daily, to keep it all in lol.
- Skip on daily hair washing: I’ll probably sound extremely gross, but I wash my hair once every 10 days (when straight). When I wear it curly I go about 3 days in between washes. But it’s so good to let your hair produce its natural oils! Plus dirty hair looks better and styles better surprisingly.
- Wash with a GOOD Shampoo and Conditioner: Having a good shampoo and Conditioner helps so much! I use BRÖÖ shampoo and Conditioner. It’s made with the same ingredients as beer, which is so weird, but I promise works amazing with my hair. It’s not made for just my hair type, but all types. The malted barley in beer nourishes , repairs and products your hair, while the barley protein helps bodify, amplify and Volumize hair. They have aloe in it to smooth the hair, and caffeine to awaken the scalp. All their shampoos and conditioners are cruelty free, vegan and safe for color treated hair! They have a great line including one for moisturizing, one for invigorating and the one I use for thickening . I’ve been using this stuff consistently for the last 2 months and I’ve noticed that my hair is shinier, fuller and more hydrated. It doesn’t look limp and brittle. That to me is huge because although I have a lot of hair, it’s not thick, and goes flat easily. And the best part, it’s affordable! Most hair products that are this beneficial are ridiculously expensive, but BRÖÖ is easy on your wallet, at $7.49 (at your local Target). To save $1 on your very own click here.
So maybe one day I’ll join the “I don’t have time to do my hair” club (totally not judging if you’re apart of that club lol), and chop it off. But for now, it’s apart of me, and I can’t let it go!
This post was sponsored by BRÖÖ| As always, all opinions are 100% me or else I wouldn’t blog about it!