How to make a Bassinet work in a small room
Have a new baby coming? Want a Bassinet but your room is too small? That’s the sticky situation my husband and I were in when we upgraded our bed to a king size. We lost about 8 inches on both sides of the bed, pushing my side closer to the wall. It was perfect walking space for me, but shortly after getting pregnant we realized that the bassinets we once used with our previous kids simply would not fit. We thought about reconfiguring our room, but then the placement of our window would look weird, so we were at a loss as to what we should do.
When we went to buybuy BABY one of their associates recommended the Halo Bassinest. She showed us how the bassinest is able to swivel in and out. The legs basically tuck under the bed, to save room and the sides of the bassinest bend down so I don’t even have to get out of bed to pick her up. You may say that’s laziness, but when you just pushed a watermelon size baby out of you, and your insides are still healing, you’ll quickly learn how beneficial it is to just reach over to grab your baby.
Product Details (from their site):
- Rotates and swivels 360 degrees to bring baby to you for close, safe sleep.
- Sidewall lowers so it’s easy to stay in bed while tending to your baby. Wall can be locked in the upright position, if desired.
- Unlike other bassinets, its 360 degrees rotation makes getting in and out of bed hassle-free.
- Makes caring for your baby while recovering from childbirth easier.
- Stable 4-point base adjusts to fit most beds from 24” to 34”.
- Base easily tucks under bed and requires only 45” clearance from wall, making it ideal for small spaces.
- Includes 100% polyester coordinating fitted sheet.
- 1 storage pocket for baby’s essentials.
How we like it:
We LOVE it. Laila sleeps in it every single night, and at nap time. I love all the features of the Bassinet especially being able to lay in bed, and stare at her through the mesh walls while she sleep. Whenever I wake up in a panic in the middle of the night because she’s sleeping too long, I just roll over and I see her sweet face snoozing away. After using this for the last 2 weeks, I question why we didn’t have this with our other kids.
Who do I recommend this to?:
I HIGHLY recommend this to recovering c-section mamas because of the swivel feature, making it easier to reach for your baby. But I honestly recommend this to any parent. Makes those middle of the night feeds easier, saves space and it has such a cute design. It matches our rooms aesthetic, rather than other brand bassinets with weird colors and odd designs.
Which one to buy?
We use the HALO Bassinest Essentia Series. This particular one retails for $199! There are other Halo Bassinest options, like one that has a night light and a soothing center (plays music, vibrates, etc) but this is our 4th kid, we know that the basic halo would be all we needed.
This post was sponsored by Halo| but all opinions are 100% my own, or else we wouldn’t be using it every single night.