Joel’s Lumberjack 1st Birthday Party
Last weekend we celebrated Joel’s 1st Birthday! Where has time gone? I feel like it was just yesterday I was in my bath tub giving birth to this little guy. And now he’s walking, talking (baby talk), and calling the shots!
Ever since Joel was born, I knew I wanted to have a lumberjack (buffalo plaid) theme birthday party for him. My husband and I love Christmas time, so we were ecstatic over a December due date. Christmas is truly the most magical time of the year, and to be having a baby in that month was a dream.
So since we knew his birthday party would be lumberjack theme, the day after Christmas last year (2016) we purchased a TON of decoration for his party. We scored some things from the target dollar section for $.10. Yes you read that correctly, 10 CENTS! Target had a ton of their Christmas dollar stuff for 90% off! So the planner in me, stocked up.
Here are some pictures and details of his party, and how you can plan the ultimate Pajama Lumberjack birthday party!
Highchair is from Joovy
Tips and Ideas
Food and Drinks:
- Chili with a Lazy Susan filled with crackers, Corn bread, cheese and sour cream!
- Hot Dogs
- Cream Soda & Coke
- Apple Cider
- Hot Cocoa
- Juice Boxes
Goodie Bags: I went a non-traditional route, and didn’t have candy! I gave things that my guests can do as a family!
- DIY Reindeer Ornament- Click here for how to do it!
- Wrapped Christmas Books (from Target’s $1 section)
- S’mores in a bag with these FREE PRINTABLE TAGS for your S’mores and your food
Things to do:
- Bounce House for the older kiddos- If you’re in Seminole County Florida, I HIGHLY recommend Pilars Party Play Houses. Really good customer service and Great prices!
- Play a Christmas Movie of some sort so guests and children can relax to a good movie and chili- we played “How the Grinch stole Christmas”
- Set up a cute photo wall, and take lots of pictures!
- If you’re able to, purchase all your décor during Christmas time. You’ll find the biggest selection of Lumberjack stuff then! Target is known to have the cutest red and black plaid in their dollar section. As mentioned before, that’s where I got 70% of my party supplies.
- If your party is after Christmas: Purchase everything the day after Christmas! You’ll score the best deals.
- Buy mini Christmas trees to set up on the cake table!
- Have a display of pictures of you little one throughout the year. I had a burlap rope that had Joel’s pictures clothespined to it. I didn’t get to snap a picture of it, but it was super cute!
Thank you to EVERYONE who came to Joel’s 1st birthday party. Our house was filled with our amazing family and close friends, and we are SO thankful for each of you all. And thank you to YOU for reading this. By reading my blog posts, you are supporting Aseky + the boys blog, and helping me grow more and more.