Valentine’s Day Craft Party
Having a birthday one week before Valentine’s Day, I’ve always been obsessed with all things red, pink and hearts. So naturally I want my kids to share the same love for Valentine’s Day that I have. So to get them excited for “the holiday after Christmas but before Easter” like what my 5 year old says, I decided to throw a little craft party.
We invited all the cousins (there are so many cousins, that with them alone it’s a party).
- Chocolate fondue with Pretzels and Marshmallows
I used these cute arrows as toothpicks so the kids could dip the marshmallows in the chocolate without getting their fingers dirty (their fingers still got dirty)
We first made the Valentine’s Bag:
Items needed for the bag:
- Card Holder Paper Bag kit– Instructions are in the bag
- Liquid glue
- Hot glue gun (if you want it to stick and dry quick)
Next we made a Valentine’s Button Frame:
- Popsicle sticks
- Heart Shaped Buttons
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Liquid glue
- Picture of your little valentine
- Glue to popsicle sticks to make a frame
- Next, Glue your picture to the back part of the popsicle sticks frame
- Then, Glue the buttons to the front part of the frame
- (Extra) but magnets to glue to the back of the frame so you can put it on your fridge!
Next we made cards:
- Red construction paper
- Pink construction paper
- Multicultural construction paper (for the hands)
- Felt heart (from dollar tree- it came in a 12 pack)
- Markers: to write on it
- Glue (to stick it all together)
Lastly I gave them “Love Bugs” to put in their Valentine’s bag:
- Ziplock bags
- Candy hearts
- Clothes pins
- Valentine’s Chenille Stems
- Googly eyes
- Markers (for them to color the clothes pin)
It truly was a lot of fun, and the kids were so involved and into it. This is definitely something we’ll be doing every year with all the cousins.
We ordered all our supplies from Oriental Trading. Do you remember that big catalog your mom use to get filled with everything a teacher could need, or a true craft junkie could hoard….well that’s them! Ordering online with them was super fun and easy! From submitting my order to receiving it, it was a total of 6 days! Super fast and amazing customer service. Everything I needed for this craft party was on one site, which is huge for me. Like most moms, I don’t have time to search 20 different sites and stores, it’s all in one place
This post was sponsored by Oriental Trading, but all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.