How to get yellow poop stains out of clothes
If you’re a mom, then you’ve experienced the infamous diaper blow outs! if you’re a breastfeeding mama, then you know about the mustardy yellow diaper blowouts. It’s one of the many “glamorous” perks of motherhood. Being that I’m a fourth time mom i’ve mastered the art of removing the poop stains out of clothes without bleach! Yes, you heard that right, NO BLEACH!
*All the photos are taken under natural light without any type of filter so you can really see how well this works. Also, this post contains affiliate links, means nothing to you but every time you click on it it helps my family out in more ways than you know. So, thank you!
How to get the stain out:
The key to treating the yellow poop stain is acting fast. As soon as your little one does the blowout and you get him/her clean and changed, start this process immediately. The longer you wait, the harder it’ll be to get the stain out.
What you’ll need:
- Oxi Clean Laundry stain remover- This is key in the removal of the stain, so make sure you use the name brand!
- Tide Ultra Oxi
- Whatever baby detergent you use// We use Dreft purtouch
- If the poop is thick, rinse off the outfit first.
- If it’s just runny poop, and not thick, spray the yellow stain with Oxi Clean Laundry Stain Remover. Make sure you spray a generous amount!
- Set a timer for 15 minutes. And I’m serious, set a timer. If you’re a mom you’ll probably get distracted and forget about it. So set a timer so you don’t forget and you can continue the treatment.
- Throw in the washer (by itself) and wash with Tide Ultra Oxi.
- After it’s done washing, inspect it, make sure you don’t see any traces of yellow. If you do, repeat step 3-5.
- Once you verify that the stain is out, wash it again with Dreft purtouch (If you want). I do this because my baby has sensitive skin, and any other detergent makes her skin break out. But with the second wash, I throw in any other dirty clothes she needs washed, that way I’m not wasting detergent and water.
- After it’s done with the next cycle, just dry it how you normally would!
And that’s it! Super simple, and pretty much fool proof. This little concoction has worked for me about 98% of the time. and the 2% of the time it didn’t work, its because I didn’t treat it immediately.
Thanks so much for reading, and make sure you pin this to your pinterest so you can reference back to!