Our Baby Girl’s Baby shower
So we broke all rules, and had a baby shower for our 4th baby! Who says you cant celebrate the life of another baby? Renaldo and I pretty much had everything we needed for Laila, so when we had the shower it wasn’t with the intentions of being showered with gifts (but c’mon who doesn’t love gifts?) it was to get with friends and family to celebrate the life of a baby girl in our family and she being the last baby ever. We were so blessed to receive so many diapers, outfits and accessories for her, because honestly that’s all we really needed.
We had an awesome time with our friends and family, and just enjoyed this time before she arrives. Lord knows after she comes, I’m out of commission until she’s 2 months old lol.
Anyways, enough blabber…here are some pictures from our shower. Disclaimer: My professional camera (prego brain) was left at home, so all these photos were taken on my iphone and a few I stole from friends and family’s facebooks lol.
Venue: Winter Park Country Club. Located right off Park Ave on the beautifully manicured Winter Park Gold Course. We loved this spot because it was huge, it had a large kitchen and an ice maker (no worrying about bringing in ice or running out). And we loved that their was an enclosed patio for the kiddos to run like lunatics in.
Guest Sign in Table/ Favors:
- Succulents are from Mountain Crest Gardens(gifted)- I highly recommend ordering from them. Their ship time was fast even from clear across America, and the plants arrived in perfect condition, packaged safely. I knew I always wanted succulents as a favor for the shower, because it’s a gift that someone can truly hang onto for awhile, and plus they last a forever (an unintentional plant killers’ dream lol)
- I made the “Watch Baby Grow” tags to put inside the succulent, along with all the signs for the guest table.
- Guest Frame is from Targets’ Bullseye playground- I love the idea of a guest frame because we are keeping the frame in her room for the years to come. I may decorate it a little more, but so far I love it as is, Because within the frame it is filled with everyone who loved and showered her.
- White Pipe and Drape from Orlando Fun Party Rentals
- “OH BABY” banner is from Target for only $5
Baby Shower Chair:
- White Chair is from Orlando Fun Party Rentals
- IVY garland is from Hobby Lobby
Table Décor: Thankfully our venue came standard with mahagony chivari chairs, so the chairs alone made the room feel more complete.
- Table cloths were from Table Linencloth.
Food: Catered from Las Americas Grocery Store and from my mom
- Rice and Pigeon Peas
- Coconut rice and beans
- Pernil (Roasted Pork- my personal fave)
- Bistec ( flattened sirloin)
- Chicken Leg Quarters
- Tostones (fried plantains)
- Macaroni Salad
- Potato Salad
- Fruit Tray (from Sams Club)
- Dominican Cake- White pretty one (if you need a Dominican baker recommendation, email me and ill send over her info)
Games that we played: I didn’t really want to play a ton of games at the shower. So we only chose 2 lol
- Who can drink the bottle the fastest?: We got 3 bottles, and filled them with beer. And whoever could finish their bottle the fastest won the prize.
- Diaper Raffle: Basically anyone who brought in diapers were entered into the raffle and we just drew a name and gave out a prize. This is a great way to get a ton of diapers. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll remember the boomerang I shared on my instastory of 3 towers of diapers, taller than me.