Tips for Getting Pregnant
So it’s no secret Renaldo and I don’t struggle in the baby making department (to read pregnancy reveal CLICK HERE) . I don’t know if we just do it “the right way” every time, or we are just blessed. After all, we both are in our baby making prime age. I read online that “Your odds of success. In your 20s, the stats are on your side. As a healthy, fertile woman in your mid-20s, you have about a 33% chance of getting pregnant each cycle if you have sex a day or two before ovulation. At 30, your chances drop to 20% each cycle”. So I’m writing this as a 25 year old, healthy woman, so know that what worked for us may not work for you.
Disclosure: All products mentioned in this post were purchased with my own money at my own will, however some links are affiliate links. Means nothing to you, but every time you click you support Aseky +The Boys Blog. Thank you!!
But when we were trying to conceive, we did take some extra steps to ensure it was a success.
- Tracked my cycle: I used the FLO app, and basically used it as my Aunt Flo diary. Every day I would log in any notable changes with my body whether it was more discharge, higher sex drive, no sex drive, increased appetite, spotting, WHATEVER. And Of course I logged all my periods. Within the app it tracks your cycle for you, and lets you know when you’re ovulating and when is the best time to try to conceive. So after about 3 cycles, it was pretty dead on. I knew almost exactly when my period would start, almost to the hour lol.
- Started taking my vitamins: I drank this powder called “Premama- Fertility” (not sponsored) and basically, it’s loaded with Folic Acid which is great to start taking BEFORE you conceive because it can reduce the chances of your baby developing any neural tube defects, including spina bifida. It also contains Myo-Inositol, which is clinically shown to help improve ovulatory function and egg quality. What I love about this powder, it mixes into any non-carbonated drink, and you literally cannot taste ANYTHING! And I took regular prenatal vitamins. I used Olly Prenatal multi vitamins, LINK HERE
- Bought my tests in bulk: So There is a mama on Instagram that I love following, who is currently trying to conceive. She’s very open with everything, and shares everything with her followers. So one of the things she shared were the pregnancy tests she uses. I was about 2 mixed drinks in when I watched her story and I went on amazon and ordered them. It was only $7.49 for 25 pregnancy tests. My husband and I will spend $10 on one, so why not try these out! HERE is the link here for the test. But what’s great about having all these tests on hand, is that by week 3 and a half (basically 1.5 weeks after doing the deed) you could take a test every single day up until your missed period, and not worry about wasting a $10 test! AND don’t be fooled by the price, I promise you they work! I got a positive result at 3 and a half weeks pregnant! My clearblue tests weren’t even coming back positive yet.
- Lay low after sex: Lay in the bed for a little bit afterwards. I know a lot of times, you just want to get up, and clean yourself up. But lying down in bed for 10-15 minutes can help! I’ve heard of people putting their feet above their heads. Hey, whatever does the trick!
- Tried not to think about it: When you obsess over the fact of making a baby, it can stress you out, and stress can interfere with ovulation. So the more relaxed you are the better! I never got pregnant the months leading up to my wedding because the amount of stress I dealt with to make sure our wedding day was flawless, was UNREAL. But once we made it to our honeymoon, and all the stress went away and we could unwind, BAM got pregnant!
So, like I said before, this is what worked for my husband and I. No 2 bodies are the same. So these 5 tips helped me, it doesn’t mean it’ll help you too, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to try. And if you’re really having trouble, or it’s been awhile. Make an appointment with your OB/GYN to get checked out! If you’re reading this because you’re currently trying to conceive; Congratulations on taking the step to have a baby, or another baby. Children are such blessings, and I wish you and your significant other all the best of luck! If you enjoyed my tips for getting pregnant, remember to pin it, share on twitter or facebook and To read all my pregnancy related post from this pregnancy and previous ones, CLICK HERE